This smoothie or shake is a go-to for many people who want a delicious taste, a low sugar option, a great source of high protein and overall maintenance of good health when combined with an active lifestyle.
Thrive Vanilla Pea Isolate Plant-Based Protein is sugar free and packs 25g of protein into each serving, assisting in the building and repair of lean muscle tissue. One of these smoothies alone is a delicious way to achieve almost half the recommended daily amount of protein alone!
The benefits of Plant Based Protein are endless – nutrient-dense, easy to make, convenient, and (most importantly) are delicious. We always focus on a few key aspects when creating a smoothie that always starts with a base of protein, fruit for vitamins and fats for staying power and sustained energy.
There is no right or wrong for a smoothie ingredients because we're all different. Some may like almond butter, some may like orange juice, a small amount of tree nuts or more.
Here's the ingredient list for our favourite smoothie:
- 3 rounded TBSP of Thrive Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder with 25g of protein per 32g serving
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries, chopped
- Half a medium banana, chopped
- Handful fresh spinach
- 1 TBSP nut butter of choice
- 2 tsp flax seeds
- Dash of sea salt (optional)
- 1 TBSP pasteurized honey (optional)
- 5 – 8 ice cubes, as desired for thickness
- 1/4 cup water + more, if needed
- Add 1/4 cup of water and ice cubes to blender.
- Add Vegan Protein, fruit, spinach, nut butter, chia seeds, and honey or maple syrup (optional) to blender
- Top with more water, if desired.
- Blend until all ingredients are incorporated and a smooth texture is reached (add small amounts of water or greek yogurt throughout to thin out or create a creamy texture).
- Pour this vanilla protein shake into a shaker cup and enjoy.
This vanilla shake is a perfect on-the-go meal in a cup. However, if you have the time to sit down and enjoy it, make it slightly thicker, pour it into a bowl, and you can top it with the nut butter and chia seeds for some healthy fats. This avoids incorporating them into the blender and it looks great for that instagrammable photo!
Make it your own by swapping different fruit based on your preference, or what’s in season. Water can also be subbed for your choice of milk – almond milk, coconut milk, cashew milk or unsweetened vanilla almond milk are great options! Whatever you choose, we believe we have the base for the best vanilla protein drinks around.
Not really into smoothies? Check out our Thrive protein packed breakfast bar recipe for a delicious alternative!
Our Plant Based Vegan Pea Protein Powder has only 5 simple ingredients: Golden Pea Protein Isolate (Pisum sativum seed 80%), natural flavor, xanthan gum, non-dairy creamer, stevia leaf extract (natural sweetener) and sodium chloride. No added sugar!
Thrive Plant co additionally produces a line of Good Greens, which contains 47 different superfoods and essential nutrients. This ensures each serving is packed full of micronutrients and antioxidants to promote optimal immune system health and well-being for your daily diet.
You can order our products directly through our website and get them in as quick as 1 business day or 3-5 business days if you have more time. At this time, we ship to Canada only. Any general nutrition advice should be done with a registered dietician.
Did you make this smoothie? sure to share it with us - we love a food-selfie, so don’t forget to tag us on social @thriveplantco