Tired of instant oats? So are we! While we believe all meals are important, breakfast is special in its own right and it doesn't mean gathering around the dining table has to be boring breakfast items.
Since breakfast is the first nourishment you’re giving your body after fasting overnight, so it should be nutrient-dense. By eating the right things at breakfast over the kitchen island you’ll feel satisfied and energetic for longer.
BUT, we also know mornings can be chaos, making it tough (ok, impossible) to ensure your nutrition is on point.
Enter the Thrive Protein Powder powder breakfast bar recipe, a great way to start the day! This oatmeal breakfast bar recipe is not only a great option for breakfast, they're packed with great nutrients.
They're also perfect to make ahead in a large batch for multiple days. They last well in the fridge, and can also be frozen. Now, this is breakfast done right!
Breakfast Bar recipe ingredients
- 1 ½ cups dry oats
- 3 rounded TBSP Thrive Vegan Vanilla Protein powder
- 2/3 cup blueberries
- 70g natural nut butter (peanut butter or almond butter optional)
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 TBSP maple syrup (optional)
- 2/3 cups water (approximate)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease or line a 8x8 square baking dish.
- Add oats, Thrive protein powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in natural nut butter, vanilla extract, berries, and chocolate chips.
- Gradually add the water, stirring to combine.
- Once combined, spread mixture evenly in the baking dish.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature
- Slice into bars, portion as desired.
Note – The amount of water you will need will fluctuate based on the consistency of the nut butter you use. If the batter is too dry once all ingredients are combined, gradually add more water while stirring.
Also, frozen berries are great, just be aware they will make your batter wetter.
So, gather up the bar stools in the dining area and enjoy our breakfast bar ideas. Don’t worry, these oatmeal breakfast bars don’t have to be delegated just to breakfast.
They make a great snack throughout the day, like that mid-afternoon energy slump. Give these a try and see how much easier breakfast can be.
About Thrive Plant Co
Our Plant Based Vegan Protein Powder has only 5 simple ingredients: Golden Pea Protein Isolate (Pisum sativum seed 80%), natural flavor, xanthan gum, non-dairy creamer, stevia leaf extract (natural sweetener) and sodium chloride. No added sugar or artificial sweeteners!
Our proteins contain 25 grams of protein per serving (about 50% of your daily value) and come in a variety of other great flavours. It's a great way to give that protein boost you need.
Thrive Plant co additionally produces a line of Good Greens, which contains 47 different superfoods and and easy way to consume essential nutrients.
This ensures each serving of our plant-based protein powders are packed full of micronutrients and antioxidants to promote optimal immune system health and well-being for your daily diet.
You can order our products directly through our website and get them in as quick as 1 business day or 3-5 business days if you have more time. At this time, we ship to Canada only. Any general nutrition advice should be done with a registered dietician!